Pacific Partner Pages:
National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program - Republic of the Marshall Islands
Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan (CCC) Plan
The Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan is based upon the Mission Statement of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of the Marshall Islands:
“To provide high quality, effective, affordable and efficient health services to all peoples of the Marshall Islands, through a primary health care program to improve health status and build the capacity of each community, family and individual to care for their own health. To the maximum extent possible, the Ministry of Health pursues these goals using the national facilities, staff and resources of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.“
As the primary medical service provider in RMI, Ministry of Health is leading the NCCCP efforts and has committed all necessary staff and resources to this effort.
Comprehensive cancer control planning is a systematic process for identifying priority cancer issues in the nation.
Implementation of the Plan
Because the goals of the plan range from one end of the cancer continuum (primary prevention) to the other (survivorship and end-of-life issues), the strategies necessary to achieve them are varied. Implementation of the NCCCP Plan is driven with emphasis to priorities. It is a dynamic plan, which needs to – and will – change as progress is made and as setbacks are encountered. The plan.
The Republic of the Marshall Islands National Comprehensive Cancer Program is committed to minimizing the impact of cancer, thereby improving the quality of life for communities of the Marshall Islands by:
- Delivering innovative, compassionate, accessible, community-based medical care and support to individuals and families affected by cancer with measurable impact on patient outcomes.
- Decreasing the incidence of cancer by encouraging prevention programs and early detection through appropriate screening and medical services.
- Capacity building for the health care workforce through additional training and certification to better meet cancer screening, early detection and treatment needs.
- Empowering clients by providing high quality, culturally relevant, linguistically appropriate, evidence based cancer health education resources, so the public can make informed choices.
- Facilitating psychological and counseling services, as well as community peer groups to provide physical and spiritual support.
- Educating policymakers and vigorously undertaking governmental and departmental legislation and advocacy on all matters relating to cancer care, support and education.
- Seeking partnerships and collaborations and providing meaningful opportunities for cancer survivors and volunteers, valuing their commitment, experience, insight, and knowledge as integral to better fulfilling NCCCP’s mission.
Exemplifying and promoting the highest level of public accountability and social responsibility through self-evaluation and continuous improvement within the constraints of sound fiscal management and prudent use of resources to fill the gap in services.
The Republic of the Marshall Islands National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program’s vision is to be the preeminent cancer health services provider in the RMI by ensuring that
- All cancer prevention services are established and provided
- Innovative framework for early detection and prevention are established and provided
- Feasible Cancer treatment services are established and provided
- Palliative care is provided to all cancer patients
- Support services are provided for cancer patients, survivors and their loved ones
- Thereby provide efficient cancer health services in country to the people of RMI and thereby maximizing effective utilization of scarce resources available.
NCCCP’s focus is, first and foremost, to provide quality medical care that meets the unique needs of the cancer patients. By advocating governmental and departmental policy and legislation, and by developing awareness through culturally relevant community education resources, NCCCP provides compassionate care and support services for patients and their families in the isolated communities we serve.
Comprehensive Cancer Control (CCC) Plan Download
- Download the Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan (2.8MB)
- View the Regional Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (RCCCP)
- View the National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (NCCCP)
Cancer Council of the Pacific Islands (CCPI) Members
Dr. Marie Lanwi-Paul
- Title: Republic of the Marshall Islands CCPI Director
- Title: Republic of the Marshall Islands Cancer Registrar
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (692) 625-4955 / (692) 625-5660
- Fax: (692) 625-3432
Republic of the Marshall Islands Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 16
Majuro, MH 96960